Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Where is Pacman? Answer:Snoqualmie Pass


       Clean hiker trash

8-30 and 31

It was pretty wet out when I got going this morning. I hit a bit of rain, not too much though since I knew I was going to be dry in a couple hours. There was a big descent going into town that was slow walking since it was so wet out. I didn't want to slip and have a spill this late in the game. The night was at the Mostly Mostel Hostel. Plenty of beds, full kitchen, and and a shower, so I can't complain. Although right when I pulled into the town/ski resort area, it cleared up and was nice for the first time in a few days. Oh well. The next day we lounged around for a while, then went to the Chevron station and lounged for a bit more. There were quite a few hikers there. We hit the hill and saw plenty of day and weekend hikers since it is Saturday of the Labor Day weekend. Or some sort of holiday, so I got stuck in a few traffic jams going up. It made me think of how much I hate traffic jams too. That's one of the main reasons I wanted to do the PCT, so I wouldn't have to sit in traffic. The views at the top were amazing though. I stopped at the lake at the top at about 4pm where we did some more lounging around. 

No comments:

Post a Comment