Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Near Big Bear Valley

4-21
Greg: Thanks for coming out and bringing shoes, In-n-Out, and yourself.


I had a good time getting lost then trying to find the trail for the first 30 mins or so. Greg and I stayed up chatting and shooting the manure. I woke up at about 5am and said it's hiking time. I don't think that's Greg's ideal wake up time but I had 9 miles to a big creek and wanted to get there before 10. I made it and it sure was hot. It got hot at about 8. But when I got there I jumped in and got a good clean and hung out there for about 6 hours haha. I did a few more miles after that to a creek then called it there. This was written the day after btw. I was too tired last night. 
This is the creek I ran down the hill to jump in...




4-22 
Got up bright and early to beat the heat and beat the heat I did. While I was walking along the creek every turn I made kept me in the shade. I was in the shade until about 11. Caught up with Spitwalker and Wildflower again and did the rest of the day with them. I'm lucky I caught them because Wildflower got her name because she knows what every plant is and she pointed out the evil poodle dog bush, or Turricula or something. It's like poison oak in that it gives you a rash. It grows in recently burned areas. I think I brushed up against it before she pointed it out so I've been kinda paranoid and weird and not happy all day. I kinda got over it though but I really hope I don't have it. It's suppose to be worse than poison oak. Once she told me, I didn't touch anything or even drink water for the next 5 hot miles until I reached the creek where I got naked and washed everything. I really hope I don't have it. Well, I'm about a mile or so from the rescued LA film animals so if I do have a bunch of rashes in the morning I can just jump in the tiger cage and be done with it. The poodle dog bush was almost all dead and didn't have flowers so hopefully that makes it less potent. That's why I didn't notice it too. Because I've been keeping my eyes out in the burn areas. That really put a damper on my great day. I hope I don't have it...

Big Bear Valley? That's probably not what it's called. The Smokieness is from a fire somewhere. I'm not worried about the fire at all, just if I have poodle dog rash.






1 comment:

  1. Why is it called "poodle dog bush"? Does it look like a poodle? Just wondering ......

    ReplyDelete