Thursday, April 18, 2013

Idylwild and San Jacinto Mountain Range

April 17th
>> Woke up to a freezing cold morning and it took me a bit to get up and go. I guess I should have camped on the east side of the ridge where the sun hits in the morning. I walked with passion and a little fire for the 18 miles to Idylwild. It helped that all I had in my pack was 2 power bars, some protein powder, a bag of stuffing, and only a liter of water. At one point I thought I left my pack even though it was on my back. It was up on the ridge at 7-9000 feet. There were some amazing views. I made it to the parking lot outside and bummed a ride to the Idylwild Inn where I got my laundry done, took a long long shower, and had a bite to eat. I feel great. Tomorrow I have some errands to do around town then back to the trail. I plan on going up San Jacinto Mountains which is 10000 something feet. Time to do some organizing then get to sleep in a bed!!!

1 comment: