Monday, April 29, 2013

Near Wrightwood


April 27-29
I'm gonna keep it short because I am very tired. I've been pushing it because there's nothing else to do besides walk. Tomorrow I'll only do 15 miles then I'm at a campground that's close to the town that's next. I got to eat McDonald's today. 

The trail!
April 27-29
Heyo! I did some good morning miles today while finding an alternate way around the poodle dog section. I found a lady "Bone Lady" who I guess hates poodle dog more than me and created detours or longer ways around them that follow roads so I hopped on that today. It was about 6 miles on a road instead of 4 through the bush. Sounds like a no brainer to me. Met up with Bean who I haven't seen for a week or so. He's a young guy from Idaho. He said he didn't know about the detour and went through it. "I was doing the crab walk for about 4 miles trying to avoid it." I'm glad I didn't have to go though it! He jetted off after our conversation and I took a snack break as this is an easier day for me. I got to a campground and took a 2 hour nap where I was out cold when some funny day hikers came and woke me up. I passed them earlier and got stuck in conversation for 30 mins or so. I headed off and met a southbound section hiker who was an old timer. First thing he said was "Do you still have any weed?" I've never met the guy but he was funny and I got stuck in a conversation with him for a while too. So, all in all, I did about 12-15 miles in my normal timeframe, I just got sidetracked a few times and took a few naps. Good day. 
Where's the snow?
Sent from the PCT

5 comments:

  1. Looks like when your not with me its pretty clear which way Canada is...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dougie, I'm reading all your posts today with Grandma and Grandpa and we love it! You better keep us posted with what's going on this week... Gramps is even thinking of getting a computer so he can keep an eye on you...love, Janeen, G-Ma & G-Pa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! That's awesome Janeen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Doug, love reading your blog. Like reading a good adventure book!

    ReplyDelete