Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Ashland, Oregon


July 27
Ashland, OR
I slept in till about 8am then did the 4 or so miles to the highway where I got a hitch from a lady in a blue bug. I wasn't expecting her to pull over, as a lady in a blue bug would usually speed up at the sight of me, but she said she could tell I was a hiker and not a bum! I do look pretty homeless. I filled my craving for doughnuts and had a coffee, then wandered around and ended up getting a pizza. Since I was pushing it the last couple days my body got pretty sore, so I am ready for a zero and some rest. I also plan on eating a bunch before I get going in Oregon. There aren't many good stores to buy from in Oregon along the PCT, so I have to buy a bunch of food here and send it to places on trail. A lot of people do that all the time, but it's a first for me so it might take a while to organize. So, it's not all R&R in Ashland. Off to a local brew pub and some sort of good dinner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment