Friday, July 12, 2013

Bucks Lake, Plumas County, California


July 5 This was a pretty cool lookout where I took a snack break. 

Bucks Lake Recreation Area
Had a great sleep last night and woke up feeling great. First 5 miles were down to the Feather River. I got there about 9am and was planning on just jumping in... But I jumped in, took a nap, jumped in again, read, jumped in again, read, took another nap, then decided it was time to get going 5 hours later. I started off going down the wrong trail about a quarter mile, but I got some good water out of it. The climb back wasn't all that bad. It was shaded at the time, so I got to go shirtless to keep cool. There were a few creeks and streams on the way up and a little poison oak, but no mega bushes. A Trail Angel put up a sign to come to their house at the road. I was planning on stopping, and I got there and forgot: "Left or right." So, I kept going. Finished my hiking at 8pm and still had plenty of good light left. I gotta try and plan my days to get a good siesta spot since there is so much daylight: 5-11am hike, siesta, and then hike 3-8pm since it's getting pretty hot during the day. Great day! Every day I get to hang out on the Feather River is gonna be a great day. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bucks_Lake,_California

No comments:

Post a Comment