Sunday, July 14, 2013

PCT Midpoint and 93 Days on the Crest!


              Halfway!!!
July 8
Chester, CA and halfway!!!
Got up and realized I was close to a spring, so I filled up with some good water. The miles are amazing walking through this dense forest. I made it to about 10 miles in, and there was the midpoint marker!!! 1330 or something like that. The actual PCT mileage is always changing, so they just leave the post there. It's good for me! Halfway!!! It's so fun to think back on all the adventures and days I've had where I can't pick which day was the best. Everything up to this point has been so amazing and fun. Lots of great people, too. The trail really does bring out the best in people. I'm very excited that I still have another half, and I'm sure every day will be just as exciting. If I haven't shared this yet, I'm very excited for the time when the berries become ripe. I'm gonna eat so many berries!!! Back on the trail, the views of Mt Lassen are getting to be very good. While pulling up near the road, I ran into Dora, who I hadn't seen for a while. She was organizing a ride to Chester from an amazing Trail Angel. Piper's Mom picked us up and there were sodas and fruit at the trailhead. She took us for a little tour of town, then dropped us off at a dentist office! So, at the dentist office they give you a $20 coupon to a good restaurant. Dora and I had our fill on pizza and a beer for only $5 total! The dentist is awesome! He even gave one of the British girls a tooth exam, or cleaning of some sort, for free!!! The town of Chester was one of the best and nicest stops so far. 

1 comment: