Thursday, July 25, 2013

Gumboot Trailhead to Scott Mountain Summit


   Shaded walking pretty much all day.
July 19
Pacmom made a big and great breakfast that seemed to fuel me all day. She took me to the trailhead where we met Dora. Lightening Rod and Walkie Talkie came rolling in right away and got a bagel and also a breakfast beer. We got going and about 10 miles in there was a nice lake with a few people at it. It was too nice to pass, so I took an extended siesta there. The second half of the day I met quite a few weekend and day hikers. There were a lot of families and it brought back memories of when we came here as very young kids. I had 10 miles till water which was suppose to be a creek where I could set camp. I went past a seep of water and thought it couldn't be the thing labeled as a creek. Sure enough, I started to climb which meant it was the creek. So I saw a lake not too far off, so if I need water in the morning, I guess I can just go to it. Tomorrow is 9 miles till water, then another 6 to water, food, beer, and soda. Aka Pacmom. Thanks Mom. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment