Monday, July 15, 2013

Steam Train at Lassen Volcanic NP

  It sounded like a steam train.
7-9
Past Chester, CA
I had a great breakfast in town, then Piper's Mom gave us a ride back to the trailhead where we took off. Thanks again to all the great people in Chester. That was an amazing stop. About 6 miles in, there was another crossing of the North Fork of the Feather River where we gathered as a group. There were about 6 of us thru hikers and we ran into some day hikers. One of them had some good stories of the trails he did when he was younger. I think we actually scared his granddaughter, too. We were eating and hanging out under the bridge and we made troll noises. Stinky Smelly PCT Hiker Trolls. After lunch, we got into Lassen Volcanic National Park, and I took a side trail to a geyser vent. It was pretty cool, very loud, and it was making a hot little creek. Too hot for foot dippin though. There is some sort of resort here, too, but everything is very expensive. They had a hot spring, normal sized, swimming pool, but it seemed like we weren't allowed to go in. Oh well. I made my dinner and had a good view of the sun setting on the mountains. I did another mile or two after that. It seemed like it would be a bear resort, too. Don't want Yogi, or Boo Boo, knocking in the night. 

http://www.nps.gov/lavo/index.htm

1 comment:

  1. I wonder if that resort you came across was Drakesbad Guest Ranch www.drakesbad.com ? I stayed there once. Loved it.

    ReplyDelete