Friday, July 26, 2013

On My Way to Scott Mountain Summit

             A flutterby
July 20
Got up late today to the rising sun beating down on me like a loaf of dough in a furnace. I got going and decided I'd take a break at every spring and read a chapter of my book. I had 12 miles to do today and there were 6 springs. Do the math. Except I think I threw in a few bonus chapters because I felt lazy today. Also I have a good book. I'm a sucker for history and memoirs, and Memoirs of a Geisha is a good book. It's a little different, but it's very well written, and overall, I'm addicted to it. So, basically the hiking today was great as usual but the reading today was excellent. Oh, ya. Then I met up with Mom and ate and read a bit more. 300 pages down and 200 left. It's a pretty heavy book so I don't want to carry it for long. 

No comments:

Post a Comment