Saturday, July 27, 2013

Marble Mountains



The Marble Mountains. There was a bigger white Marble Mountain and a smaller black Marble Mountain.
July 22
I didn't sleep too well last night because I got some sort of bug. It's not bad, I just feel sick sometimes, but it was really bad last night. Just feeling sick. That's it. Early morning I heard some noise and thought that it sounded like bear. There was a bear tearing into a deadfall tree. It was ripping into it making a lot of noise. I yelled out, "Hey Mr. Bear!" but he didn't hear me. I had a good look and went on my way. Uphill, I met Moses and was informed that the restaurant at Seiad Valley closes at 2pm, so we all pushed it pretty hard today to make sure we get there tomorrow. The walking was great for a big day, too. There was a lot of cloud coverage because of a thunderstorm that might hit. Great for hiking big miles though. The Marble Mountains were on the menu for today. Very cool couple miles. Pushed till about 8pm, ended up doing about 34ish miles today, and felt good the whole time. The bug went away after the morning routine. Great day!!! Seiad Valley tomorrow. The restaurant is supposed to be one of the best. 

No comments:

Post a Comment