Friday, July 26, 2013

Hwy 3, Scott Mountain Summit to Carter Meadows Summit


There are lakes all over the place here. 
July 21
Got another great and filling breakfast from Mom this morning and I was on my way with nothing on my back. I had 20 miles from Highway 3 to 93 where Ma was meeting me. There was plenty of water on the way, so all I brought was a water bottle in my hand and a power bar in my pocket. I didn't even really need the water bottle since there was plenty of water. I made my way up the hill and it started to level out, so I started to jog. I passed some section hikers and about 10 miles in, I started to feel like I'd be hungry soon so I picked up the pace. With about 1 mile left, I ran into Eli and Gabby whom I met the first day on the border and haven't seen them since mile 100. It was nice seeing them. We strolled up to the car where Ma gave us soda and snacks. We did some reminiscing and saying who we've met, then Mom and I drove off to our campsite [Klamath NF Hidden Horse Campground]. I made good time today with no pack on. 20 miles and I did it in about 6 hours. I left at 9ish and got there around 3. I had a beer and a great dinner. It's sad, though, as this is the last of the days of my getting spoiled, for now. Tomorrow, it's a full pack up the hill. At least I'll have a full belly. 
   Hidden Horse Campground
Sign at Scott Mountain Summit

http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/stelprdb5110482.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment