Thursday, July 18, 2013

PCT To Canada 1233, to Mexico 1417 and Burney Falls SP


July 14, or maybe 15th
Burney Falls State Park
Got up at my amazing campsite and headed off into the lava field. I pulled into a fish hatchery where there was water and lots of fish. 1 million roughly. They were sucking a load of fish into the truck. I didn't get to see it, but I heard it was pretty cool. The fish were fighting the current in the clear tube that went into the truck. 

Today's breakfast was blackberry cobbler with oatmeal. It was almost too good. Breakfast isn't suppose to be that good. I figured out that most of what I'm eating came from Gumby and DoubleIt. I kept doing miles and ran across a nice trail angel cache with snacks and soda which propelled me the last few miles to Burney Park where I met up with the crew. I met Cowgirl, and Midnight Chocolate, Chief, and Chief's Wife. Chief's Wife is supporting him by camper, so she's got all the goods. We had a great time hanging, eating, drinking, and just being hikers. What a great day. And what a cool duo with recently retired Chief and his wife. 

No comments:

Post a Comment