Monday, July 29, 2013

Welcome To Oregon, Mile 1727



July 25
I'm in Oregon!!!
I grew up in California but never realized how big it is. Well, I got going and couldn't find water at the first couple springs. Then, it was about 10:30am and I still hadn't found water. I passed 4 water sources that were dry, then I saw where water should be on the map. I had to bushwhack and 
lost a good hour or two because the water came out so slowly. I was really in the mood for a big day, so bummer on the time waster. At least I was in shade and the water was cold. I got going after that and more stuff was hard to find. There were some southbound hikers that couldn't find water also. It was a dry and hot day with water that was hard to find. Then I got to Oregon where I celebrated with a good dinner. I walked from border to border in California. Pretty nifty. I'll sleep well tonight. But the time I lost made it so I'm still 26 miles out of Ashland. It might be a close call if I go in to town, or not. I am ramping up and ready for the berries and beer in Oregon. I have had some big days, 35,29,33 miles the last 3 days, and I am ready to walk hard and eat hard in Oregon!!! I am going to eat triple decker peanut butter Nutella berry sammiches until I can eat them no longer. Also, there is an on trail AYCE at Crater Lake!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment