Thursday, July 18, 2013

Burney Falls Mile 1423


July 14 
Burney Falls. If you go there, I suggest drinking out of the river. It's great spring water. All the smaller falls are coming out of earth, and the earth makes some darn good water.

After Burney Falls, CA
What a great trail magic and fun thing Chief and Chief's Wife did for us. I had a great time last night. First thing in the morning, 8am or so, I had a coffee. Then I lazied around for a bit, then took off to see Burney Falls. From what I now know, the falls are one of the coolest places. So, this is the second biggest spring in the U.S. The river that makes Burney Falls is dry about a quarter mile upstream. Then, it turns into a gushing river in an instant, then there is an amazing waterfall. So, technically, it's a spring, a big one. So, I had a drink of fresh spring water from the river. I'm pretty sure it's a spring that supplies some bottled water like Crystal Geyser, or something, maybe. The falls were also very evident of this because you could see separate springs all over it that wasn't coming from the river flow water. She was a doozie. We made it to a creek where a good hiker box had breakfast and filled me up. Dehydrated eggs and bacon bits, I think, and a non-soy protein drink (labeled for 2 people). It was delicious. There was a decent swimming hole that I took a cold dip in. The rest of the day was good hiking, and I turned in early because we stayed up late last night. In the tent by 7pm. We still did 20 miles today even though most of us were pretty tired. Good day to you.


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burney_Falls

No comments:

Post a Comment