Friday, June 21, 2013

Yosemite

                          The peaks are getting more rounded left to right. 
            Yosemite Valley is to the right.

6-11-13
Slept in since the store opens at 9. Great sleep too since my stuff was all dry. Had a hot coffee and sandwich and took off into a pretty touristy spot north of the main Yosemite area. All the mountains around this area are more flat and rounded, like Half Dome. I took a nap and must have spooked some day hikers because I was wearing everything black including my mosquito net. It's a Ninja in the forest!!!  My breaks mostly have to be done on the move when I'm not clothed up, or the mosquitoes will get me bad. After my nap there were about 50 that were searching for a way in and wanted blood! Luckily, there's a breeze, or at the wrong time there could be a mosquito forest. At least it's not a poison oak or poodle dog forest. I'm watching out for Speed Bump, too. I have a tent peg of his and I guess he is right ahead of me. At a creek crossing I had to get a shoe wet, so I only have one wet shoe. It feels kinda weird only having one wet shoe. Dinner was another amazing Mountain House meal from a JMT hiker. Oh, and I am not on the JMT anymore. They went off into Yosemite Valley. Those Mountain House meals are so good; tonight was chicken and spuds, and it was like a town meal. And, my chips and tuna mix isn't too shabby. I got Calvin addicted. I'm living a life of luxury and eating a lot of good food right now. Thanks again JMT hiker. My body just keeps wanting more food (and beer). 

No comments:

Post a Comment