Saturday, June 29, 2013

Lots of Rain in Tahoe



6-25-13
I slept ok for it being so wet. I woke up about every hour shivering and cold, especially my feet. I woke up to a dream and thought, oh ya, why don't I just put my feet in warm water. When I got going it was raining pretty hard. I did about 6 or so miles to the intersection where I said if it's not sunny by this intersection, I'm going to town (North Tahoe). It was still raining so I went for it, a 10 mile trail and a few more miles of road to town. My stuff was so wet I figured I couldn't get through the next night. This has been a part of my plan... If it rains and I can't handle it, there's usually a town close enough. If town would have been 50 miles away, I would just walk through the night. I got to Tahoe and saw a coffee place where I got one that warmed up my hands so I could move and feel them again. Then a motel and food. I am glad I got some rain because I figured out I need some sort of rain poncho. My rain gear is ok and can handle a few hours of rain, but not 2 days straight with no breaks. So for Washington, I'll add a poncho of some sort. No pics today too. I didn't want to ruin my camera by getting it wet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment