Sunday, June 23, 2013

Sonora Pass Zero Day and Another Favorite Spot.

  
                                            6-15 to 6-16-13
                          Weight 186
   A small waterfall I got to walk across. It's on the trail.

Zero day with Ma was great. I slept about 15 hours, I'm guessing, and I ate very well thanks to Mom. Great day at a great campsite off the road, too!
Got up late today with Mama and had some good breakfast and hot coffee. Thanks Ma. She took me up to the Sonora Pass trailhead where we saw Maverick and Lodgepole looking for a ride to the northern Kennedy Meadows resupply, so they jammed in the already jammed car. They are both 6'4" or so, so it was pretty funny to see them drive off. I got going and ran into a few day and section hikers going south. The terrain is getting to remind me of my usual camping area near Tahoe. The mosquitoes are not bushes any more, which is nice. I think I got through the worst of it for now. There will still be mosquitoes but no mosquito clouds 2-10 miles long, I hope. Got an amazing spot where I get to see the sun light climb up an amazing mountain. So far, I like this section a lot. I would even go as far as saying, this is my favorite section...along with the other 10 or so. 




Compact Car...
Maverick in front, Lodgepole in back, backpack on laps...

No comments:

Post a Comment