Thursday, June 6, 2013

5/27/2013 Memorial Day, Independence, California


5-27
Last night I went down the wrong trail, but, as always, when I realized it, everything became clear and peaceful. The walk back up was amazing, only two miles off trail, so not that bad. I got to the turn off to Kearsarge Pass (11,760) and saw Yeti who went over Forester Pass alone. His route down the north side was very different then the normal.
I practically ran 3 miles up the hill after that, then 4 miles down the pass because I had Subway sandwich on my mind. I got a ride down the road pretty fast and went straight to Subway for 2 subs. There was a pretty big hiker crew in town at Independence, and word of bad weather coming in, so I stayed for a night. The night was normal hiker stuff, drinking and eating, and talking about hiking and stuff. I'm writing this the day after so I forgot a lot of what happened. From what I remember, great day!

1 comment:

  1. Dougie--you're posting such well-written, thoughtful blurbs. I can see you growing as I read. I'm enjoying traveling with you. Great job!
    Auntie Carole

    ReplyDelete