Monday, June 24, 2013

The Melted Castle Before Lake Tahoe

              6-17-2013
            The Melted Castle

30 miles before Lake Tahoe. 
Got up late today. I usually like getting up early but it stays light till after 8:30pm, and I am enjoying the evening hike right now. So 8am to 8 pm is still 12 hours of hiking. Also, it's so nice from 1-3, I don't really need a siesta. Did my morning miles along nice shaded forest and meadow that didn't have many mosquitoes. It was very nice walking. After lunch I was approaching what looked like a castle. When I got right up next to it and under the jagged castle, it was so cool. There were all these caves and things that I got to poke my head in. I spooked some deer which was pretty scary, haha. It looked like a 'melted by acid rain' castle. Also, the afternoon was mostly rolling hills, so not much up and down. It was a nice change to the 12,000 foot passes we climbed everyday not so long ago. Great day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment