Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Hwy 50, This Way To Tahoe

     
                                               6-19-13

     The Funky Ice Crystals. How do they happen?

Last night was the coldest night so far. It's the only night I have been cold and lost some sleep because of it. I slept in though, so it's ok. The morning walk was cold too, it definitely was cold because there were these ice crystals that looked like they were growing out of the ground like mushrooms, till 10 am. Right near Hwy 50, I followed the sign that said Hwy 50, "This way." It was correct, but it was the long way. That took me an extra 2 hours or so because by the time I had realized where I was, I was 10 minutes down the hill, which would be an hour back up, so I kept going. I ended up at a ski resort that I went to this year. There was a taco stand where I said, "I know that taco stand. I know where I am." I popped in at Hwy 50 from some bushes, and luckily there was road work with traffic backed up, so I had a chance to walk down the line with my thumb out. Got a ride right away from a guy who has natural gas things all over the place. He has one in Tahoe that he uses to get away. He said he can check 10 plants a day but the Tahoe one takes him 3 days... I got to Tahoe and figured, it's Wednesday, so I'll see what the prices are like at motels. They were dirt cheap so I did it, and there was an all you can eat across the way. China Buffet, or something. Bad news. That was dirt cheap too, so I had to do it. I ate so much. I'm so full. I had a normal plate with noodles and a bit of meat. Then I got relaxed and just went for a plate of meat, loaded, falling off the edge. Then I realized the fried shrimp was good, so I had a full plate of them, maybe 10 or so. Then I found out Sushi wasn't extra so I had a plate of Sushi, 10-15 rolls and a few Sashimi. I thought I was done and went for the dessert, but there wasn't much so I had more Sushi. Then I couldn't move. Paid. No dessert. Motel. Fall asleep. Woke up from my nap still full. 

No comments:

Post a Comment