Saturday, June 29, 2013

PacDad and PacUncle

               PacDad (orange backpack) and the man from PacUncle
6-26-13
Free breakfast at the motel! I paid a little more than normal to stay so I felt obliged to eat my share, and I did. My Dad and Uncle Mark showed up and took me back to the trail. We met a few hikers at the rest stop and got on our way. After the first mile we were only about 100 yards from the car and there was a shortcut that we could have used to get us there in a minute what we did in 20 minutes. PCT, the long cut to Canada. The walk was great but with moderate mosquitoes, so our breaks had to be where the mossies weren't. Dad's 30 year old pack got a compliment from Long Legs. They were moving just fine and I think they might have wanted to go further, we did about 12 miles, but I said what we did was good for day 1. Also, they brought cards and a crib board so I wanted to get a game in. It had been too long since I played with Pops. Dinner made me feel sick, it was that herb sauce that kept making me throw up a while ago. I got it from a hiker box and I think I'm allergic to it, or something. An hour later the sick feeling went aw
ay and I'm hungry again though. Great day and it's nice to be dry with family! 

No comments:

Post a Comment