Wednesday, June 12, 2013

On to VVR


6-4
Got up today with 8 miles downhill to VVR. I practically ran the 6 trail miles and did it in about an hour; so I guess I was running at some goals. Beer and a burger were on my mind. Pulled in and the whole Sierra crew and a few JMT hikers were there with great news; some JMT hikers who were carrying about 100 lb packs dumped a bunch of food. So now I have about 30 packaged tunas, a few dehydrated mixes that are great, and some protein. I have about 80$ worth of food and can get to Mammoth for free, which is nice since a resupply here would be pricey. I had two burgers which were amazing, a few beers, and lots of laughs. It seemed like I was laughing from the time I pulled in until 11pm when we called it quits. Good times. Great day. I think the highlight of it was when Dora asked if the New York ribeye steak was a fish. We are all so close now we are very good friends and pretty much a little family. I was also the butt of a joke; someone has a video of me doing a yee-hawww in my undies after we jumped in a lake. So that got played about 100 times and everyone at VVR has seen it.

I guess this was the only pic I took today. It's the veggie dinner. The food here was amazing. Don't forget the Bud Light too!

No comments:

Post a Comment