Thursday, June 13, 2013

Mammoth

                 I need to do laundry in a real laundry machine! 200 miles of Sierras with only creek washes and a shower wash at Independence. After I did laundry, it's still pretty dirty, too. 
6-6-13
Did a nice 8 miles through on the ridge and a little burn area. When I pulled into the Reds Meadow area, I met a nice guy who was scoping out an area. I got a ride with him to Mammoth ski area. Also, I got more JMT food from a hiker box!!! I'm loaded. They are Mountain House meals too. They are very good and filling, just 'add hot water' mixes. 5-10$ each and I got 3. At the ski area I quickly got another hitch from a local who does a lot of hiking, JMT a few times, and wants to PCT when he retires. He had a lot of good info about Mammoth, gave me a tour, then dropped me off at Motel 6. I lazied around and waited for Spitfire and Dora, but they didn't show!!! Uh, oh! I hope nothing bad happened. Motel 6 was cheap enough (hiker discount, off season, and not the weekend), so I'm not complaining. I had 2 beds to myself!!! I ate at Whiskey Creek Bar happy hour, and man it was good, and cheap!!! Amazing fish tacos and a local Mammoth beer, then sliders and fries, and a beer for only 20 bucks. Great deal! My friends Calvin, Maurice, and the dog Kingsley are coming out for the weekend!!! Should be fun.



No comments:

Post a Comment