Sunday, June 30, 2013

Close to Sierra City


    6-27-13
The lake. Apparently it's not my first time here. Either way, it's a nice pit stop. 
Close to Sierra City...
Had a great sleep and some weird dreams. My brother was in all of them, I guess because I'm gonna see him soon, maybe. About a mile or less into our morning hike we came across a cool lookout point where we could see Mt Lassen, or maybe Shasta. The rest of the day was good hiking through tall trees and hills with loads of flowers. We pushed it till about 2pm where we got to a lake and had a swim! My first real swim I think on the PCT. I splashed around and got my socks clean and didn't have to rush out because it was warm. 2 lunches and a nap followed, then we did maybe a mile to a nice spot where we played some cards and met a new PCT'er who played some cards with us. We had a Mountain House meal each too. Those things are so good. So thanks Dad and Mark for that. 11 miles to Sierra City tomorrow, then beer and burgers and a rest. Mark is having a blister attack, so we have to try and fix that when we get there. Dad got one too. Great day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment