Thursday, June 27, 2013

Desolation Wilderness, Mile 1100


                  6-23-13
Desolation Wilderness (Tahoe) Mile 1100
I had a good weekend of camping and hanging out with my friends near Hwy 50. I hitched all the way until about 200 yards from the spot when Maurice picked me up. It was lots of good food and laughs. Good times. They sent me on my way and I mozied to Echo Lake Store where a soda and sandwich cured the hangover. At the store, I met a new group of hikers, and did the rest of the day with them. At one point I saw the funniest thing. There's these wild chicken like things. I saw one howling at me because I was in between its chicks and it. So I backed up to see them run to mama and they decided to try and fly. One did ok but the other got a gust of wind mid-flight and smacked straight into a tree, hard. It was hilariously cute and funny. It walked it off so all was good. We stopped at 6pm and I am tired. Time to sleep 10-12 hrs.

No comments:

Post a Comment