Friday, June 21, 2013

Mile 1000!!!! The Determined Hiker Look!


                      6-13-13
                   Section I
       Squishy, and a mosquito breeding ground.
Mile 1000!!!!
I made it to mile 1000! From what I have heard, if you make it to 1000, you get the look... 'The Determined Hiker Look.' I was determined, too, as I would have my days off when I organized with my Mom at Sonora Pass, so I had to push myself to make it. I had 50 miles to cover before meeting time, so I did about 30 something today and have 15 or so tomorrow morning before 2pm, which is when we're suppose to meet. I also forgot to say happy birthday to my Mom when I called her, so happy b-day Pacmom! But in my defense, I think I could forget my own birthday the way I keep track of what day it is out here. Today was another day that seemed to mesh together, and also a day of running from mosquitoes. There were 10 nonstop bushes of mosquitoes. Breaks were not an option. But, I needed to do some miles, so, oh well. I have an alarm set to make sure I get going early. It's not that often I whip out the alarm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment