Sunday, June 23, 2013

Mile 1020, Sonora Pass Zero...Section J

     
                                          6-14-2013 
   The cloud looked like a rainbow cloud. Pretty cool.

Mile 1020
Got up at the crack of 4:45 today, and got going. Within a couple minutes I got to a small creek crossing and was deciding what I should do about it, before I knew it, I slipped on a rock and landed on my feet...in the water, so I just kept on walking like nothing happened. I got out and had to laugh at that one. I guess nature made that decision for me. I saw Opa again on the climb up to the ridge where I walked about 8 miles at 11,000 feet over quite a bit of snow. It was my favorite part of the trip so far...amazing views. I know I say that was my favorite a lot but who cares. It was the best! I made good time to Sonora Pass, and when I got close to the parking lot I heard Mommy!!! She was talking with hikers who I hadn't met yet. I got my coke and banana, followed by lots more food. Thanks for coming out Ma. 

No comments:

Post a Comment