Saturday, August 10, 2013

Oregonian Woods, Mile 1870


Oregonian woods. Oregonian is a real word. 
8-5
Mile 1870
Got going with no water this morning. I passed a road that apparently had some sort of ordeal happen to where the maintained water cache was destroyed. Also, I heard Cowgirl and Midnight Chocolate put a cooler out with beer and stuff since they have a cabin close by. They are taking a bit of time off somewhere down the road. That supply wasn't there either. I don't know who would be so adamant about stopping this supply. It seems kinda silly. Oh, well. There was a gallon of water that was snuck in a bit further down, so I took a quarter liter to slowly drink over the next 6 miles. I got to the creek and met a southbounder, Vogue, and had a good food break and chat with him. Funny guy. When I got going into the next 16 miles of no water, my 2 liter water bladder broke, so it's 1.5 liters to make it that next 16 miles. I guess I cameled up (chugged as much as you can) at the creek well enough because I only drank a half a liter that stretch. There is so much tree cover, the sun is never on me out here in the woods. Oh, ya. When I found out my bladder was leaking, I chugged that 2 liters also. I had so much water in me. I thought of a Crater Lake employee warning me about drinking too much water. It made me laugh, then it made my stomach hurt. I got to the final destination and saw Maverick and Lodge Pole. Always nice to see them. Good dinner, tea, then good dessert. There's a few lakes tomorrow. One even says it has an amazing beach in the map notes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment