Monday, August 5, 2013

Shelter in Oregon

        The Shelter

July 31
I got up at about 9 today and didn't get out of camp till 10:30am. It was great. I slept in and it was perfect. Also, I was clean from the hot shower last night. I had my breakfast then decided I was still hungry, so I made 2 bean burritos that were delicious. In addition, I had 3 pouches of oatmeal and a builder bar, so I was ready to start the day. I ran into Eli and Gabby at the water and they said they just got going too. We did most of the day together and got about 20 or so miles in. It was a nice, easy day. It started to look cloudy and we got to our shelter, which was a legit hut. It started to drizzle and thunder off in the distance, so we decided that we might as well just sleep in the shelter. It was great because it did rain a bit and thunder. I slept great inside. There was an old school well that was pretty fun too. We had to pump it a few times to get it going. 

     More Oregonian Rolling Hills

No comments:

Post a Comment