Sunday, August 4, 2013

Fog Smog in Southern Oregon

                          The fog smog blocking a good view of a cool looking rock. 

July 30

20 miles out of Ashland, OR
We got going and I quickly realized I couldn't do a 30 mile day and hold these guys pace so I fell back. I was feeling a lot better but I had a campground with hot showers in mind 20 miles away. Perfect. I got a few breaks, a good siesta, and took off a mile or so on a shortcut, thanks to Double It. It was a good day. The smoke was kinda a downer, but oh well. It's pretty thick and is definitely adding to the not feeling well. I call it fog-in-LA-smog. Fog smog. Also, it's making it so we can't see Shasta. I know it's out there, but the smoke is way too thick to see it. Well, the day ended with a hot shower, and I got to sit down during the shower! Now that's luxury. 


No comments:

Post a Comment