Friday, August 9, 2013

The Rim of Crater Lake, OR

               Blue?
8-4
I got going pretty late today. I was feeling lazy and needed to get hydrated because of the 27 miles of no water coming up. I left at about 1pm and walked along the rim of Crater Lake. There were a decent amount of ups and downs, but the views were great of the lake. I did the half mile hike up to the watch tower with no pack. It's nice not carrying anything. There were day hikers and tourists all over the place. I wonder what percentage of them knew I was just a hiker and which ones thought I was a scary bearded homeless man. I got out of the frenzy and became enlightened by podcasts. I realized I can get em for free, so I downloaded a few. I'm hooked and am probably gonna be listening to a lot of podcast for a week, or so. There are a lot of good ones out there, too. And music. All I had was Bob Marley on my music and it was getting old. Bob Marley is my favorite, but it's nice to hear something else. Made it 15 miles in, so I'll have another 15 tomorrow on a liter of water. I wish I was back in the Sierras. I'd probably have a creek next to me and a couple streams. This Oregon part is very deserty. No water. Yippee!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment