Sunday, August 11, 2013

Crescent Lake and Diamond Peak, Oregon


Crescent Lake and Diamond Peak

8-6
Crescent Lake, OR
I slept in well today and only got 5 miles done by 10am. It was worth it though. Nothing like a great nights sleep. My body has felt great lately and I've been eating tons to make up for the lack of eating a week ago. I am constantly hungry again and I have plenty of food to stuff down my belly. Also, I'm not doing big days so I have more time for eating. A hiker's mileage is suppose to go up in Oregon because of how flat it is, but all the eating I'm doing, the mileage has gone down. Oh, well. I'm still on pace for a finish before Sept 15, which is the date where the bad weather for WA gets possible. I met two couples today who are doing just Oregon. Not a bad pick, I say. I like Oregon. There are lakes everyday to jump in, and the tree cover keeps me shaded all day pretty much. I can get by drinking less water between sources. I got to Crescent Lake and there was a sandy beach, and Maverick and Lodge Pole. That was an easy pit stop. Did the last little bit to a lake that overlooks the big mountain around here, Diamond Peak. 


No comments:

Post a Comment