Saturday, August 24, 2013

Tunnel Falls near Cascade Locks, Oregon


Can you spot all three mountains? Left to right: Mt. St. Helen's (blown off top), Mt. Rainer, and Mt. Adams

8-18
Cascade Locks
I got up today with 10 miles downhill to go and about a waterfall every mile. The first few waterfalls were good size, maybe 20-50 foot drops. Then, I got to Tunnel Falls where I got to walk along the trail that had a straight drop and walked through a tunnel behind the waterfall. The fall was pretty high too, maybe 100 feet. The next one was Punchbowl Falls that it looked like if you fell in, it would be hard if not impossible to get out. Later I ran across people that had scuba gear and were going to explore that pool. All these falls were on Eagle Creek on the Oregon side of the Columbia Gorge. I guess it's one of the most popular hiking trails in Oregon. I was seeing groups of people every minute or so. It was Sunday. I got to town where I saw my parents then had a burger. They were having truck problems so we hung out in town while Dad tried to fix it. We ended up getting a cabin on the Columbia River in Silverton, WA with a hot tub. Very nice!!! Great relaxing night. 
     Tunnel Falls. You walk behind it.

No comments:

Post a Comment