Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Mt. Adams, WA



Giving the legs a break at Mosquito Lake, WA

8-22

Mt. Adams, WA
The miles this morning were great. I had less weight so I flew the 10 miles to where I was meeting with my Mom and Dad. Also, I had the podcasts blazing. We met up and decided to meet another 5 miles down the road at Mosquito Lake. I had no pack, just a liter of water, but Band Leader still set the pace. That 5 miles went so fast, I almost passed the road where I was supposed to stop at. I had a "My day is done" beer, then did some kayaking. We went into town [Trout Lake] to eat and do other shannanigans. I called my tent company, Big Agnes, and told them about my tent problems, so they are gonna send out what I need to the next stop. Great company and very helpful, Big Agnes. We headed to our stop next to the PCT at Mosquito Lake and had a nice dinner, a few beers, and berries: blueberry and huckleberry, picked at the campground. Great day! Tomorrow should be the entrance of the good part of WA that supposedly starts after Mt. Adams. 
   

Upper: Pacman and Butters
Lower: Band Leader and SoulShine
Near Surprise Lake. Surprise! We couldn't find the lake!

1 comment:

  1. Go Pacman, you are a lean mean hiking machine! You have just passed through our territory (Oregon). And I just wanted to let you know that we had a great time providing you with trail magic at Old Station (Ca). Still remember you, Oh mighty stinky one! But seriously, we hope for good weather for the remainder of your trip.
    Pocahontas and Legasorus

    ReplyDelete