Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Gifford Pinchot National Forest, WA and the PCT


You might not even be able to see the goats. They are pretty much dead middle

8-21

After a good breakfast I departed to the trail. There were a lot of good views of Mt. Adams for the hike. It was a little smokey from a fire off in the distance somewhere. That kinda blocked all the stuff that was possibly further away. At least it was nice and cool all day, or not too hot at least. It made for easy hiking. We got back to some actual climbing but it wasn't too bad. Our bodies are in such good shape for hiking right now. It's like my legs don't even get sore anymore. Actually, they don't ever get sore anymore. I pulled into the lake at about 6 and made my dinner thinking I might go on but there was a small crew assembled around the corner so I decided to call it for the day. We spotted some goats across the lake climbing up on a steep ledge. They were pretty far away but it reminded me of the National Geographic pics of mountain goats standing in what looks to be like impossible places. 

    Sasquatch in our hot tub!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment