Friday, August 30, 2013

White Pass, WA, Mile 2300


I was looking for a Double Black Diamond and the Trick Park.

8-25
White Pass, WA 
Mile 2300
I woke up to a clear view of Mt. Adams and Mt. St. Helens. There was a little climbing to get to the pass of Old Snowy Mountain. The views were amazing today up on the crest. Mt. Rainer looks so close and is covered in snow. That's a big mountain. It started to rain a little but wasn't all that bad since I was climbing and it kept me cool. 20 miles later I was at the top of the ski run, so I decided to take the shortcut. It would have been a lot shorter if there was snow on the ground and I had some skis. I followed the chairlift to the bottom where I had a slice of pizza and a shower, thanks to Back Up who had a room at the lodge. Then, I met up with my parents and they whisked me away to a camp spot with a good view of Rainer, although the weather prevented us from having a complete view. I gotta say bye to my parents tomorrow. It sure was nice having them follow along. What swell folks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment