Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Elk Lake Resort, OR

      

          Fire
8-9
Elk Lake Resort, OR
I got up early today, about 6am. I wanted to get the miles in to the resort early. I did em all and wound up with a coke, burger, and a beer. I got all my stuff organized and headed off. About 5 minutes in, it starts raining, 5 more, and it's thundering within a mile. I went back to the lodge and waited it out and had a beer, or two. I got back on trail and got a little lost in the Oregon woods. Confused. It only made me backtrack 10 mins, or so. I got about 4 miles up the PCT and I saw smoke up the hill about 30 meters away. I thought it had to be a lightning strike fire, so I took a pic and headed on down the trail. I ran into Maverick and Lodge Pole. They had a phone and called the lodge, so we figured that they got it under control. It was pretty small, 10 meters by 10. And, it was wet around the area. Also, a spy plane for fires was buzzing around. 

No comments:

Post a Comment