Friday, August 16, 2013

Sisters, Oregon


       Don't touch the lava!!!
8-11
Sisters, OR
I got the day started with Obsidian Falls. As the name suggests, there is obsidian all over the place. It's very cool stuff. I can get some of the cracks pretty sharp. I know them Indians did. I decided to go into Sisters and stock up on food. I got in and out of town in about 3 hours, so I didn't lose much time on the day. Now I have good food, and lots of it. I went to the recommended burger joint and got a double bacon cheese burger with onion rings and a large shake. I ate that in about a minute, I know you're supposed to savor your food, and enjoy it, but I was a hungry boy. The end of the day was walking over lava fields. This is the worst walking by far. It's all crunchy and you can't sit, or something will rip. However, it's amazing in terms of everything else. One of the coolest places on the trail. I did a side trail to the lava lookout and there was lava tunnels and stuff. Very cool, it had a good view of the lava rivers running down the North Sister and a pool of lava in the valley. 

No comments:

Post a Comment