Monday, August 19, 2013

Timberline Lodge, Mt Hood, Oregon


The international Timberline Lodge during hiking season, and ski and board season. The Shining was filmed here, or something like that. 

8-16 
About a hundred feet from my tent was a cache of beer set out by a trail angel. It would have been great last night, but at 6am this morning I couldn't gather the courage to drink one. I had a stuff-yourself-filling of Mac-n-Cheese to loosen up my stomach muscles. Then at 9:30am, I chugged 3 liters of warm water to loosen them up even more. I'm ready for the buffet. Maverick, Lodge Pole, Tracks (hadn't seen him since mile 90,) and I chowed down. It was a very good buffet too: prime rib, ham, good dessert. I ate. I ate so much it hurt, and I also gave the little boys room a hurting when I was done. The lodge was a fun place to be. A very interesting place. It was kinda pricey though, so I decided to move on and not rack up a bill. The 17$ buffet was well worth it. I even snagged a few trail cookies! The miles today were amazing. The valleys of Mt. Hood are deep and there are waterfalls all over the place. Today was one of my favorite so far. I ended the day with a glacier creek bath. I was getting bad, no shower since Crater Lake, so I had a bath. I had to sing at the top of my lungs to keep myself from feeling the cold. I'm clean though, at least for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment