Sunday, August 18, 2013

PCT Snow Walking in Oregon


Snow walking. It's been a bit.
8-14
Last night I concluded that I had gone the wrong way through a tricky meadow that had game trails that looked similar to the PCT. Also, there were a bunch of people with no packs walking around my site. That confused me, also, because there were no roads around. I heard people walking in the middle of the night. Last night was supposed to be a good meteor shower. I woke up at 1am and looked for about 5 mins and saw nothing before I fell back asleep. I got going back down the hill and Lodge Pole said it actually was the trail. I got up and over the pass, which had a bit of snow on it. That thought lingered all day: What were all those people doing? At Olallie Lake store, I had good muffins and soda. I started feeling like a young man again and did a solid last half of the day. I got a good soft spot to sleep. It's like I'm sleeping on a super thick carpet. Definitely sleeping in on this. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment