Tuesday, August 6, 2013

August 2013!!! (117 Days) Mile 1780.5 Fish Lake Resort, OR

             
           An old lava river covered in fog

August 1
Fish Lake Resort, OR
We got going into the fog this morning but all of us seemed to like it. Fog is perfect hiking weather. It got pretty thick at times, to where we could only see a few trees away. Also, the trees are even more dense than normal, so it was kinda spooky, scary movie spooky. We got to break and I made some of the best trail food yet. It was a burrito with cheese and Taco Bell sauce. It was soooo good. I had 3 good size burritos. My feet started cramping up around the end of the day, so I did about 15 minutes barefoot. It felt good. I didn't make it far, maybe a couple hundred yards, but it felt good. All the fog and rain did knock most of the smoke out of the air from the fire, which is nice. Great day. I like fog since I grew up with it. And we don't get much fog on the crest so it was a good change of pace to have thick fog. 



No comments:

Post a Comment