Monday, August 12, 2013

Mile 1912, Shelter Cove, OR


Shelter Cove, OR
8-7
Had an easy 5 miles to the store where I had a hot dog and soda. I wasn't too hungry because I ate a huge breakfast. I had a hiker box surprise breakfast and it was delicious and filling. I think it was for two people. It was overcast most of the time hanging out. Shelter Cove was a great place and nice stop, however these Oregon resorts get pricey if you hang around too long. So, I got going with Maverick and Lodge Pole on the trail. I did about 10 miles in the afternoon with a little bit of rain getting me. Also, there was a t-storm last night that got right over us. Pretty fun hour in the middle of the night. Also, there was a small fire across the lake of the resort. It's suppose to be not great weather over the next couple days. I kinda like rain though. It's very peaceful walking in rain. Sleeping in rain when everything is wet though, no bueno. I plan on being pretty rain proof when I hit the WA border. 


No comments:

Post a Comment