Thursday, August 29, 2013

Goat Rocks Wilderness, WA



  8-24
Goat Rocks Wilderness, WA


I woke up to a great breakfast and coffee with Mom and Dad, then I organized and hit the trail. The first half of the day wasn't too exciting in terms of views. When I hit the first pass, that's when the view punched me in the face. The huckleberries were all over the place today, easy pickin. When I got up a little bit, I started running into a bunch of people. I can see why this place is so popular though. It's amazing. The marmots came out again. These aren't as friendly as the Sierra marmots though. They make a loud whistle as a warning to other marmots. I've got a great camping spot right before the high pass, so I have a great view. It is cloudy in spots, but in a certain direction I can see for a while. 

No comments:

Post a Comment