Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Before Crater Lake


8-2
Before Crater Lake, OR
The morning miles were pretty cold so just walking was good to stay warm. Great morning hiking weather. I had my morning business meeting in the woods, and on the return, it took me some extra time to find my pack and the trail. It's easy to get confused out here in these Oregon woods. There are trees everywhere and no way of seeing anything but the trees directly around you. Well, it took me about 30 minutes to find my pack after the business deal was done. I wandered around off trail thinking that I had no idea where the trail was for about 15 mins, then hit the trail and didn't know which way to walk. So, I went to the right, turned around for about a half mile, turned around again, then did almost a full mile back to my pack. At least I didn't get caught just wandering around with tp saying, "I was just lookin' for the best spot." Oh boy. It was nice to get up on a ridge where I could see. Shasta is still monsterous towering over everything. Hadn't seen that for a while. 15ish to Crater Lake tomorrow, should be great. 

1 comment: