Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Poodle Dog Territory

           Poodle Dog Bush....

5-2 
This is a half day journal as my mom and bro are coming to take me off the trail for the weekend. I woke up and got straight into dodging poodle dog and wind gusts that were strong. I'm no wind gust expert but I'd say 20-40 mph gusts. Maybe more? It knocked down power lines so the place I'm at now has no power. So it was that strong at least. After a few miles of that and dodging the bush, because it was everywhere, and by everywhere I mean the only thing in sight was that bush, I got off the trail onto a 4wd road and headed back. There was a split in the road with no way of knowing to go left or right and I remembered the advice of always go up the mountain. So I did some more miles on a paved road, then got a ride from a guy who was heading to the restarant I'm now at with no power. So,
 it's kinda closed. Pretty frustrating first half of the day. A few curse words were screamed at the top of my lungs. I'm better now though, haha.
More tomorrow on meeting Mom and Greg in the forest.


http://parkpatrol.org/poisoak.htm
http://www.pctmap.net/pctdownloads/poodle_dog_bush_warning.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment