Thursday, May 30, 2013

Whitney Side Trail

            Nice picture by a really tired guy. I was thinking he was gonna stand up so that we would be level... He didn't :(
5-25
At Whitney side trail. 
It was pretty cold this morning. I got going and made it to Crabtree Meadow and saw about 10 deer. I was far enough away so that they didn't seem bothered by me. We got to our campsite and ate in prep for Whitney. Did a few amazing miles to Guitar Lake. (It's shaped like a guitar.) We met up with some of the guys I saw at Kennedy Meadows. Maverick had a pole and said he caught a bunch of fish in no time. He also caught one without a pole. There's so many up here. We started up Whitney and separated. I couldn't stop because it was cold, so I just kept going. I made good time up the mountain, I wasn't really feeling the altitude. I could tell some of the just Whitney hikers were. They came in from the other side so we did the last 2 miles together. Some had a terrible look on their face. At the top it was an amazing view obviously, however almost better views on the way up, in my opinion. I checked out the hut at the top for when it thunders and ran around taking pictures. I was up there with 5 just Whitneyers and they all seemed pooped and sick except for one guy. They took terrible pictures of me in the tourist picture places. One guy could barely hold my Ipod, so I nicely, was like eh... I'll have someone else take it. I was trying to wait for the rest of my group but after 15 minutes I just wanted to start walking to heat up again. They were right behind me, one by one. They should have all made it. On the way down, I pretty much didn't stop for pictures. I just kept going. I got a bunch on the way up. Maybe 30-50. Now I'm at the bottom having a break while I wait. I figured I'd do my journal now or else it might end up like last night journals, where I was so tired I left out a bunch and probably didn't make much sense. Overall, great day!!! We might have Forester Pass tomorrow, but I hope the group decides they want an easy day since Forester is dangerous and needs full attention. If we do zero, or only do 4 miles, I'm gonna use my mosquito headnet and see if I can catch some fishys for dinner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment