Thursday, May 30, 2013

Mile 760, Lake and Bristlecone Pines?


5-24
Mile 760
Did about 12 miles to a lake this morning. The one in the pic. Then a few more. I'm allergic to one of these trees, and there are so many different kinds. Also, we are all wondering if we're seeing the tree that's the oldest species in the world. I'm blanking on the name [Bristlecone Pines]. But some of em get to be like 2500 years old. Some we walk by you can just tell they've been through the ringer a time or two. They look at least 500 years old. Kinda like they are Lord of the Ring trees that are gonna start talking and give you very good and wise advice. We are in the area where you have to have a bear canister. I have one... But not all my food can fit in it. Oh well. We keep joking if you see a bear just give it the 'bad bear bitch slap', or say 'bad bear' then bop it on the nose. I'm tired. Whitney tomorrow!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bristlecone_pine

No comments:

Post a Comment