Sunday, May 19, 2013

A Big, Hot Climb


                   The top of the first 2000 foot climb. 
May 12
I woke up to a package of cinnabuns!!! Yummy. I got out of the Wind Farm to the highway, about 4 miles and the cinnabun sugar hit so I took a nice break. Then it began to heat up and I saw the 2000 foot climb I had in front of me with a full pack and 7 liters of water! I started it good then took a break about 30 minutes in. Did another mile maybe then a break. An hour break with a nap. Did another mile and found a good spot for a break and some food. Powered through about 45 minutes of walking then took my hour lunch break. I then realized I haven't gone that far and water is still about 10-15 miles away. So I powered through it taking lots of little breaks and finally made it. Oh, it was VERY hot today! At one point I looked at my map and it said I have about a 500 foot drop then a 500 foot climb over 2 miles. The climb seemed like it was about 8 miles so I think the map is wrong. Now I'm at a spring where I guess there's a local bull that hangs out here so I put up my tent. That was after a long wipedown of my dirty sweaty body. I can still hear the windmills hummin.



No comments:

Post a Comment