Monday, May 27, 2013

Walker Pass to Kennedy Meadows, 37 mile day


5-18
Today I did about 37 miles!!! I left Walker Pass at about 5:30am after saying bye to my Mom; thanks "Pacmom" for coming out and taking a zero with me! I did 13 miles to a spring where I had a snack, then 7 more to another spring where I had a bigger meal. I left there at 1pm and climbed a 2000 footer no problem. 13 miles later I was at a spring with a Pepsi and another big meal. Then right back on the road to finish off with 5-6 miles to make it a 36-38 mile day. My old record was 28 or so. How did I do it? My backpack!!! It's soooo light and feels great. I don't sweat gallons from my back. It was a great day. I was pretty much very happy all day. I passed a lot of people too so it's gonna be a good crowd at Kennedy Meadows tomorrow and Monday. Today, I saw Detour, Spitfire, Midget, Dora, Crumbs, Wally, Yeti, Early Girl, Andrew, Doaf, and 2 southbound weekend hikers. All great people!

No comments:

Post a Comment